Dear NAIFA Members:
I am pleased to announce that NAIFA and the College for Financial Planning have formed an Advisory Group for the Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow (LUTCF) designation in support of the re-launch of the program in July 2015. The group will provide strategic guidance in three areas: subject matter expertise for the new LUTCF curriculum, application to the workplace, and areas for future development of the LUTCF program.
Working with this group, the College for Financial Planning will employ an industry and academically recognized best-practice for developing curriculum. This Content Validation Study approach defines the critical behaviors required for effective job performance which can then help identify the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics required to successfully perform the job functions and tasks.
We are honored to welcome these distinguished industry leaders to participate in the development of the new LUTCF designation program and look forward to their advice and direction as NAIFA and CFFP prepare to launch this dynamic and innovative curriculum for financial professionals.
The members of the NAIFA LUTCF Advisory Group are:
• Thomas D. Currey, CLU, ChFC, LUTCF – NAIFA Past President and President, TDC Financial Services; Grand Prairie, Texas
• Tommy Doolittle, CLU, ChFC, Director, Agency Administration and Jimmy King, CLU, LUTCF, Manager, Training and Career Development, Southern Farm Bureau; Jackson, Mississippi
• David Dougall, Manager, Internal Sales Support, State Farm, Bloomington, Illinois
• William T. Free, CLU, ChFC, LUTCF, CLTC, CASL, MSFS, Financial Representative, Northwestern Mutual Life; Fairfax, Virginia
• Matthew S. Huntington, CLU, LUTCF – NAIFA Board of Trustees, Farmers Insurance Agent, President/Owner – Matthew S. Huntington Insurance Agency, Inc.; Aurora, Colorado
• Shawn Jeanes, President, Designs in Life Insurance Marketing and a Principal of Insurance Designers of America; Atascadero, California
• Jennifer Johnson, Director, Practice Development – Sales Institute, MetLife; Charlotte, North Carolina
• Cammie K. Scott, LUTCF, REBC, RHU, CLTC, ChFC, SPHR – NAIFA Member Benefits Committee, President, CK Harp & Associates; Springdale, Arkansas
• John W. Wheeler, Jr. CFP, CLU, ChFC, CRPC, LUTCF, Executive Vice President, Water Tower Financial Partners, LLC; Chicago, Illinois
NAIFA and CFFP announced the partnership in February. Details on the new LUTCF program will be provided in September 2014, including information about the new course curriculum, program completion requirements, class scheduling, pricing, and moderator recruitment. Registration for the new LUTCF program will begin after January 1, 2015, and classes are scheduled to begin July 2015.
For more information about CFFP, click here. For more details about NAIFA’s LUTCF, check the FAQ page on the NAIFA web site throughout the year.
John F. Nichols, MSM, CLU