May is Disability Insurance Awareness Month, the month-long campaign spearheaded by Life Happens to promote the benefits of disability income insurance among consumers. The DIAM campaign is the perfect platform you need to talk to your clients and prospects about this important coverage.
This conversation doesn’t have to be difficult. You can start by showing your prospect or client a realLIFEstory video (www.lifehappens.org/videos). These videos illustrate how real families and businesses benefited from insurance, including DI, in their time of need.
The story of Bill Reid is a good example. DI insurance gave this young, single man a bright future when a terrible car accident left him unable to work again. You can see and share Bill’s story at www.lifehappens.org/reid.
Seeing DI insurance in action motivates people to consider purchasing DI insurance. In fact, an independent online survey found that people were 94 percent more likely to consider buying DI insurance after being exposed to a realLIFEstory video like Bill’s than those who were not.
Bill’s realLIFEstory video is just one of many DI insurance marketing tools and resources that Life Happens has for you to use during the DIAM campaign—and beyond.
Other videos include:
- Print and electronic DI marketing pieces
- A range of short DI videos, from serious to humorous
- Prewritten DI social-media content
- Info-statistics and “Life Hints” that focus on DI
- Newly redesigned Disability Insurance Needs Calculator
Your NAIFA membership gives you exclusive access to these resources. Go to www.lifehappens.org/diresources and start improving your DI insurance sales today.
More resources in Advisor Today
As you promote your DI products and services, you might also find useful the following articles featured in the May/June 2014 issue of Advisor Today:
- Powering Up Your DI Sales—by Corey Anderson
- Three Easy Ways to Grow Your DI Sales –by K. Keith Pellerin
- How to Sell DI with Conviction—by Rosemarie Rossetti